Effective Date: May 8, 2009
1. Types of Information and Method of Collection
In general, you may visit this Web Site without being required to identify yourself or reveal any personally identifiable information.
- By Browsing: As you browse our Web Site, it collects log file, the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer, "cookies" (described below), and other standard tracking data we use to evaluate site traffic and usage patterns. Such information is aggregated with tracking data from all site visitors.
- By Web Site Requirement: Some portions of this Web Site may require you to give us personally identifiable information such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, transaction information, social security number, and/or other information by which we can contact you.
- By User's Voluntary Submission: If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our bulletin boards or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, registrations, surveys, or contest entries, any information provided in such communications may be collected as personal information.
A "cookie" is a bit of data sent by the Web Site through your browser to your computer and enables the Web Site to return the results and preferences that you expect. COEXM uses temporary, session-specific cookies to ensure visits to its Web Site are smooth and customized for your visit. Such cookies allow us to provide your browser with information tailored to your preferences and needs. COEXM uses permanent or persistent cookies that remain on your computer after you leave COEXM's Web Site. COEXM's use of temporary and long-term cookies helps us improve our product and service offerings, administer our Web Site, and diagnose problems with our server, services, and software. Such information enables us to make better decisions about how we operate or improve our Web Site from both business and technical perspectives.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in your browser's settings. However, disabling the cookie support function of your browser will prevent our Web Site from functioning at an optimum level, and you may not be able to utilize fully all of the site's features and information.
Information on Children
2. How Information Collected is Used
The information collected by and through the Web Site is owned solely by COEXM. The information collected by and through this Web Site will be used solely by COEXM, its divisions, subsidiaries, parent, and affiliates, or other entities that are involved in the operation of this Web Site for COEXM's internal purposes and is not sold or transferred to third parties.
We may use the information collected and provided, individually or in an aggregate form, as follows:
- to personalize the site according to your preferences based on the aggregated information;
- to evaluate products and services we may offer to you;
- to deliver a product or service you requested, or to confirm or fulfill an order or request you have made;
- to contact you about the Web Site;
- to monitor or improve the use of the Web Site;
- to customize the advertising and content you see;
- to monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of the Web Site;
- to provide special offers to you from COEXM and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties; and
- to send you promotional material on behalf of COEXM and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties.
3. With Whom Information is Shared
At times, we may share your personally identifiable information with others for various purposes. The following outlines the ways in which your information may be shared with others:
Promotional Offers: We may send offers to you on behalf of other partners and our sponsors. When we do this, we will do so on your request and we will not give that partner or sponsor your name and address. Again, if you do not want to receive such offers, you may opt out in an e-mail or change your preferences.
Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information such as demographics and Web Site usage statistics to advertisers, sponsors, or other organizations. When this type of information is shared, the other parties do not have access to your personally identifiable information.
Third-Party Ad Serving & Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: The Web Site may use a third-party network advertiser to serve the advertisements on the Web Site or may use a traffic measurement service to analyze the traffic on the Web Site. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to this Web Site and other web sites you have visited. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or web sites you might be interested in. Audience and traffic measurement services allow us to collect anonymous traffic and behavior information from our Web Site by monitoring anonymous visitor activity. Although advertisers or other companies do not have access to the Web Site cookies, the Web Site's advertisers, sponsors, and/or traffic measurement services may themselves set and access their own cookies on your computer if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser. Cookies allow third-party advertisers to show you advertisements or content you might be interested in. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
COEXM Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share your information (including, without limitation, personally identifiable information) with subsidiaries and affiliates of COEXM.
Business Transfers: The Web Site, COEXM, and/or a subsidiary, affiliate, or division of COEXM may be sold along with its assets, or other transactions may occur in which your personally identifiable information is one of the business assets transferred. In such a case, your personally identifiable information, which we have gathered, may be one of the business assets we transfer.
Legal Process: In the event we are required to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, your personally identifiable information may be disclosed pursuant to such subpoena, court order, or legal process, which may be without notice to you.
4. Security and Encryption
While there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet, our Web Site takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect your information. We use SSL encryption technology on our Web Site and a secure server to encrypt information transmitted between your browsers and our server. As a result, data you submit to our Web Site such as personally identifiable information, credit card data, and social security information are transmitted using commercially reasonable security over the Internet.
Only those employees who need access to your information to do their jobs are allowed access. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required. The servers for the Web Site that contain personally identifiable information are stored in a physically secure and climate-controlled off-site facility. We protect against data loss by backing-up data, performing consistency checks, and restricting access to information on our servers. It is important to remember that whatever you transmit or disclose online can be collected and used by others or unlawfully intercepted by third parties. No data transmission over the Internet can be 100% secure.
5. Third-Party Links, Web Sites and Cookies
Additionally, we may use advertising companies to develop banner ads for our Web Site. These ads may contain cookies. These companies collect cookies sent to your browser through the banner ads and we do not have control or access to these data.
6. Chat Rooms, Forums, Message Boards, and News Groups
The Web Site may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and news groups available to its users. You are not required to provide any personal information when using these areas, but you may choose to do so. If you post personal information online, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. COEXM cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public in a chat room, forum, message board, or news group. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these areas.
7. Notification of Changes
8. Your Acceptance of these Terms
9. Corrections, Updates, and Opting-Out
You have the option of reviewing, correcting, updating, modifying, and deleting your personally identifiable or visitor profile at any time and as often as desired. This can be done by making changes to your user profile after logging on to the Web Site or by e-mailing COEXM at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, to the extent that such information is also stored in other databases, we cannot always ensure that such corrections or deletions will reach the other databases. We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your information is removed from or corrected in our records.