New Directions in Personalized Therapeutic Approaches to Ovarian Cancer - Part 2
- Review recent advances in targeted therapies, combination therapies, and novel agents under investigation for the treatment of patients with ovarian cancer
- Outline the risks/benefits of current and emerging therapeutic options, based on the latest evidence-based data
- Formulate effective management strategies for improving outcomes using a personalized, patient-tailored treatment approach
This knowledge-based activity was developed for medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, oncology pharmacists and nurses.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of the University of Cincinnati, Medical Learning Institute, Inc., and Center of Excellence Media, LLC. The University of Cincinnati is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician Credit Designation
The University of Cincinnati designates this CME Internet Enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Registered Nurse Designation
Medical Learning Institute, Inc.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 15106, for 1.0 contact hour.
Registered Pharmacy Designation
Medical Learning Institute (MLI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Completion of this activity provides for 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEU) of continuing education credit. The universal activity number for this activity is 0468-9999-11-083-H01-P.
Instructions for Credit
There is no fee for this activity. To receive credit, participants must listen & view this Web-based CME Seminar in its entirety then complete the posttest and evaluation form online at www.mlicme.org/P11074.html and your certificate of credit will be provided immediately. Please retain a copy of the Certificate for your records.
For questions regarding the accreditation of this activity, please contact Medical Learning Institute at (609) 333-1693 or email@example.com.
Before the activity, all faculty will disclose the existence of any financial interest and/or relationship(s) they might have with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) to be discussed during their presentation(s): honoraria, expenses, grants, consulting roles, speakers’ bureau membership, stock ownership, or other special relationships. Presenters will inform participants of any off-label discussions.
The associates of the University of Cincinnati, Medical Learning Institute, Inc., the accredited providers for this activity, and Center of Excellence Media, LLC, do not have any financial relationships or relationships to products or devices with any commercial interest related to the content of this CME/CE activity for any amount during the past 12 months.
Peer Reviewer Disclosures
- UC CME Content Reviewer - Rick Ricer, MD, has nothing to disclose.
- UC CME Content Reviewer - Kay Weigand, Program Director, has nothing to disclose.
- MLI Peer Reviewer - Jayshree Shah, RN, APN-C, MSN, BSN, BS, is on the advisory board and speaker’s bureau for Bristol-Myers Squibb, Celgene, Cephalon, and Novartis.
- MLI Peer Reviewer - Patricia Ensor, RPh, MBA, has disclosed that she has stock ownership in BioDelivery Sciences International and Human Genome Sciences.
- Bradley J. Monk, MD, FACS, FACOG discloses that he is on the speaker’s bureau for Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals and Roche Pharmaceuticals. He is a consultant for Boehringer Ingelhiem, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck & Co. Inc, Morphotek, Quiagen, and Roche Pharmaceuticals. Dr. Monk’s institution also receives research grants from Amgen, Merck & Co., and Novartis. He does intend to discuss non-FDA-approved or investigational uses of products/devices.
- Thomas Herzog, MD discloses that he is on the advisory board for Morphotek and Roche. He does intend to discuss non-FDA-approved or investigational uses for products/devices.
The information provided at this CME/CE activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
Recommendations for the use of particular therapeutic agents are based on the best available scientific evidence and current clinical guidelines. No bias toward or promotion for any agent discussed in this program should be inferred.